Topic Attivi Topic Attivi
  FAQ FAQ  Ricerca nel Forum   Registrati Registrati  Login Login

Womens Thomas Davis Jersey

Rispondi Rispondi Pagina  <1234 130>
Autore
Messaggio
  Topic Cerca Topic Cerca  Opzioni Topic Opzioni Topic
Saints closing in on View Drop Down
  Quota Saints closing in on Quota  RispondiRispondi Link diretto a questo post Postato: 22 Mar 2017 alle 4:59am
The New Orleans Saints are apparently not content Deion Sanders Womens Jersey with keeping the status quo at the linebacker position.
The Saints are close to signing free-agent linebacker Manti Te'o, a source familiar with the discussions confirmed Monday afternoon.
ESPN's Dan Graziano first reported the news, while adding a deal could be accomplished Tuesday.
The Saints hosted Te'o on a visit early in free agency, but the former Los Angeles Chargers linebacker left without signing a deal.
Te'o, 26, entered the league in 2013 out of Notre http://www.authenticcowboysstore.com/shop-by-players-keith-smith-jersey-c-2_68.html Dame as a second-round pick (38th overall) of the Chargers.
The 6-1, 241-pound Te'o, a native of Hawaii, has appeared in 38 career games (34 starts) over four seasons and totaled 233 tackles (160 solo), 1 1/2 sacks, two interceptions, nine passes defensed and a forced fumble in that span.
The Saints' current linebacker corps consists of A.J. Klein Craig Robertson, Stephone Anthony, Dannell Ellerbe, Nate Stupar, Hau'oli Kikaha, Travis Feeney, Roycehttp://www.authenticnflraidersshop.com/shop-by-players-rodney-hudson-jersey-c-2_9.html LaFrance and Adam Bighill.
Klein, who spent four seasons with the Carolina Panthers, joined the Saints on a three-year deal on the first day of free agency.

Torna in cima
How the Tennessee Ti View Drop Down
  Quota How the Tennessee Ti Quota  RispondiRispondi Link diretto a questo post Postato: 22 Mar 2017 alle 7:45am
Its no secret that many fans were upset when the cream of the crop wide receivers came and went to other teams around the league. Understandably so. The Tennessee Titans do have a need, plenty of cap space, and the looksJimmie Ward Authentic Jersey of being ready to take that next step and be a real contender.
Don’t panic yet though. There are still options out there through free agency, the draft, and don’t forget about trade options that could become available. Right now, we have to trust that Jon Robinson knows best — he has earned that. It’s all about balancing budget and production. What I mean by that is: would you rather have a receiver make $12-$14 million a year and catch 90 balls for 1500 yards, or a receiver who makes $3-$5 million a year who catches 60 balls for 900 some odd yards? Let’s take a look at some of the options left available for the Titans at this point.
Mike Williams is considered by most scouts to be the best receiver in this year’s draft class. He has size, speed, he runs solid routes, and does a nice job adjusting to the football. He ate up Alabama and Ohio State’s defenses in the college football playoffs. With pick number five overall in this year’s draft, the Titans will have a shot to get him and it’s also possible he falls to them at 18th overall as well.
Although he isn’t as big as Mike Williams, some scouts have Corey Davis ranked ahead of him. He has a nice size, speed combo going for him. Davis is an advanced route runner and he’s dangerous after the catch as well. He would probably be better suited to pick up at 18th overall instead of fifth.
John Ross is a true burner. He broke Chris Johnson’s 40 yard dash record at the NFL combine, so he can certainly take the lid off a defense. I’ve seen comparisons to Tyreek Hill of the Kansas City Chiefs and Brandin Cooks of the New EnglandLeSean McCoy Authentic Jersey Patriots. He can also make some big plays on special teams, which again the Titans love. His only downfall is his size. At 5’11” and 190lbs, he’s better suited to play in the slot than as a number one receiver. Which makes me question his health. Slot receivers typically work the middle of the field where those big linebackers play. With his small frame, I question if he could stay healthy for a full sixteen game season.
Noah Brown is what a person would describe as an athletic freak and he could fall to the Titans in round 3. He can make those spectacular catches and he knows how to use his big bodied frame as well. I would like to see more explosion from him off the line of scrimmage though.
Chad Hansen could be another target the Titans go after in round 3. He has good size and with some time he could develop into a true number one in the league. I could see him as a rotational player or a decent number two option. He runs good routes, but I would like to see him run some different routes.
Chris Godwin has really raised his stock over the last few months. At 6’1″, he has some size to him, but he also has good speed. Its likely he goeshttp://www.authenticbroncosshop.com/shop-by-players-jeff-heuerman-jersey-c-1_14.html in round 2, but with so much depth at so many other positions it’s possible he slips into round 3.
Like Chris Godwin, Malachi Dupre is a second round talent who could slip into round three. As a Titans fan watching scouting videos on Dupre I couldn’t help but notice so many similarities to Justin Hunter. A more well rounded, explosive Justin Hunter. He has that tall slim build to him, but he is explosive off the line of scrimmage, gets involved in the run blocking game, and he can really stretch the defense.
So, my fellow Titan fans, this is no time to panic. There are still some options out there to bring in and we still have Delanie Walker, Rishard Matthews, and Tajae Sharpe (whom I expect to improve headeing into year two of his career) catchinghttp://www.authenticsaintsshop.com/shop-by-players-nate-stupar-jersey-c-1_34.html passes for us. We also have a backfield of DeMarco Murray, Derrick Henry, and Marcus Mariota in a run first football scheme.
Torna in cima
Damion Square ready View Drop Down
  Quota Damion Square ready Quota  RispondiRispondi Link diretto a questo post Postato: 22 Mar 2017 alle 9:10am
Damion Square considers the Los Angeles Chargers' shift from a 3-4 defensive scheme to a 4-3 look as an extra chance to show his versatility.
Former Jacksonville Jaguars head coach and 84 Jack Doyle Youth Jersey Seattle Seahawks defensive coordinator Gus Bradley has taken over the Chargers' defense under new Los Angeles head coach Anthony Lynn.
The Chargers return starting defensive end Joey Bosa, the NFL's Defensive Rookie of the Year for 2016; defensive tackle Corey Liuget and nose tackle Brandon Mebane, as well as Square, who started the final seven games of the 2016 campaign after Mebane suffered a season-ending torn biceps.
"Our front four is very strong," Square told the Chargers' official web site. "It's tremendous with Mebane, Joey and Corey. The talent we have is second to none. So for me, I'm a guy who can play anywhere across the front. I can play the three-technique. I can play the nose. Put me at the five if needed or the six if needed. I have versatility where I can play along the front and at a high level. That is the role that I fill, and I will fill it to the best of my ability. ...
"Football is football. There are a lot of different ways to play. But at the end of the day, it is about effort, executing, finding the ball and getting the guy on the ground."
After his first regular playing time in the NFL, Square chose to return to the Chargers after becoming a free agent on March 9. Los Angeles announced on March 10 that Square would be staying with the team.
"There were certain things I wanted in free agency, and Josh Lambo Womens Jersey the Chargers gave it to me," Square said. "I wanted to stay with the group of guys I grew with. We have great chemistry."
Chargers' new defensive front
damion square.jpg
Defensive lineman Damion Square has rejoined the Los Angeles Chargers for a two-year contract. (Courtesy of the San Diego Chargers)
Print Email Mark Inabinett | minabinett@al.com By Mark Inabinett | minabinett@al.com
Email the author | Follow on Twitter
on March 20, 2017 at 2:20 PM, updated March 20, 2017 at 2:21 PM
NFL 2017
'A dream can go a long way:' Amari Cooper buys house, car for his mother
Damion Square ready to play anywhere in Chargers' new defensive front
Tom Brady's missing Super Bowl jersey found
Alabama Roots: Which NFL free agents still need contracts?
Former 49ers wide receiver Dwight Clark announces he has ALS
Alabama Roots: Who got how much in NFL free agency
Where will D.J. Fluker play for the New York Giants?
Loan purportedly made to Marcell Dareus leads to lawsuit
Troy's DeMarcus Ware asks: Who's Jimmy Fallon anyway?
Andre Smith getting new position with Cincinnati Bengals
Damion Square considers the Los Angeles Chargers' shift from a 3-4 defensive scheme to a 4-3 look as an extra chance to show his versatility.
Former Jacksonville Jaguars head coach and Seattle Seahawks defensive coordinator Gus Bradley has taken over the Chargers' defense under new Los Angeles head coach Anthony Lynn.

The Chargers return starting defensive end Joey Bosa, the NFL's Defensive Rookie of the Year for 2016; defensive tackle Corey Liuget and nose tackle Brandon Mebane, as well as Square, who started the final seven games of the 2016 campaign after Mebane suffered a season-ending torn biceps.
"Our front four is very strong," Square told the Chargers' official web site. "It's tremendous with Mebane, Joey and Corey. The talenthttp://www.authenticcowboyssale.com/shop-by-players-jay-novacek-jersey-c-2_59.html we have is second to none. So for me, I'm a guy who can play anywhere across the front. I can play the three-technique. I can play the nose. Put me at the five if needed or the six if needed. I have versatility where I can play along the front and at a high level. That is the role that I fill, and I will fill it to the best of my ability. ...
"Football is football. There are a lot of different ways to play. But at the end of the day, it is about effort, executing, finding the ball and getting the guy on the ground."
After his first regular playing time in the NFL, Square chose to return to the Chargers after becoming a free agent on March 9. Los Angeles announced on March 10 that Square would be staying with the team.
"There were certain things I wanted in free agency, and the Chargers gave it to me," Square said. "I wanted to stay with the group of guys I grew with. We have great chemistry."
Since NFL free agency opened on March 9, nearly 200 players have gotten new contracts, including 16 from Alabama high schools and colleges, in the so-called "first wave" of signings. Here's a look at the deals signed by the state's free agents.
Square re-signed with the Chargers for a two-year, $4,000,000 contract that included a $1,225,000 signing bonus and a $775,000 base salary for the 2017 season.
Square was a starter for Alabama's BCS national-championship teams of 2011 and 2012, and he made the Philadelphia Eagles as an undrafted rookie.
After Square played in 10 games in 2013, the Eagles released him at the end of training camp in 2014. The Kansas City Chiefs picked up the defensive lineman, but Square never got in a game with Kansas City before being released on Oct. 31, 2014. San Diego picked him up, but he finished that season without appearing in a game.
Square went from Dec. 29, 2013, when he played thehttp://www.authenticcowboysstore.com/shop-by-players-michael-irvin-jersey-c-2_48.html last of his 147 defensive snaps for the Eagles, until Nov. 9, 2015, without appearing in an NFL regular-season game. He ended up playing 155 snaps in six games for the Chargers in 2015.
FOR MORE OF AL.COM'S COMPREHENSIVE COVERAGE OF THE NFL, GO TO OUR NFL PAGE
In 2016, Square played 362 defensive snaps in 11 games for San Diego. He recorded the first sacks of his career, sharing a sack of Houston Texans quarterback Brock Osweiler on Nov. 27, then sacking Cleveland Browns QB Robert Griffin III two times on Dec. 24.
Torna in cima
Is Pitt Quarterback View Drop Down
  Quota Is Pitt Quarterback Quota  RispondiRispondi Link diretto a questo post Postato: 23 Mar 2017 alle 4:16am
There's been plenty of talk about theDerek Wolfe Authentic Jersey two big-name ACC quarterbacks expected to get selected in April's NFL Draft. North Carolina's Mitch Trubisky and Clemson's Deshaun Watson will probably both get their names called in the first round. That's no surprise.
Behind those two is a second tier of names like Notre Dame's Deshone Kizer and Miami's Brad Kaaya.
Each of those passers has their own set of positives and negatives, but there's an underrated ACC signal caller that's been gaining hype as of late.
It's Pittsburgh quarterback Nathan Peterman.
Peterman closed out his campaign at Pitt with 5,236 passing yards 47 touchdowns and 17 interceptions. Almost all of those stats came in 2015 and 2016, Peterman's two years as the Panthers' starter.
Bleacher Report NFL Draft Lead Writer Matt Josh Hill Authentic Jersey Miller casted some interesting insight into how the NFL is viewing Peterman.
"Nathan Peterman, or as one scout told me, this week, 'this draft's best chance at Dak Prescott,'" Miller said. "What the scout meant by 'Dak-like,' though, isn't that he'll lead a team to a playoff run as a rookie. More likely he means a franchise can grab a starter outside the first two rounds. And Peterman can be that if he slips to the third round."
This is really interesting stuff.
I followed Peterman fairly closely while covering the ACC this season and was never wowed by watching him. He felt more of a consistent game manager type, who made very little mistakes and connected on the big play every once in a while. He checks in at 6-foot-2, but I always thought he was undersized, especially interviewinghttp://www.coltsshopauthentic.com/shop-by-players-23-frank-gore-jersey-c-1_12.html him at the ACC media event leading up to last year's season when he wasn't wearing pads and a helmet.
Maybe that's precisely what the scout meant, though? Peterman could come in, have decent production without blowing anyone away and have a foundation to build on? That's what Prescott did to an extent after all -- he just had a ton of help around him.
Take a look at this analysis of Peterman by the folks at NFL Draft Breakdown. When they slowed it down and focused on Peterman's release and mobility, they had me convinced there was a bigger upside than I was seeing when the http://www.officialchargesshop.com/shop-by-players-dwight-lowery-jersey-c-1_22.html season was playing out. There was even an Aaaron Rodgers comparison which feels way too premature.
Is Peterman going to be a sleeper and become the next Prescott? You decide.
Torna in cima
Marcus Allen to be k View Drop Down
  Quota Marcus Allen to be k Quota  RispondiRispondi Link diretto a questo post Postato: 23 Mar 2017 alle 7:09am
The Review-Journal’s Best of Nevada Charles Tapper Womens Jersey Preps Awards ceremony will return this year but in a new venue.
The Venetian Theater inside The Venetian will host the event June 3 from 7 to 9 p.m.
The keynote speaker will be Raiders alum Marcus Allen. He also will help present awards to the best student-athletes in Nevada in every NIAA-sanctioned sport during the second annual event.
“This has become the premier awards ceremony for high school sports in the state,” said Review-Journal sports editor Bill Bradley, who will again host the event. “Our team has built off last year’s event and created a great way to honor the best of the best in prep sports. We are very proud to have Marcus Allen help ushttp://www.authenticcowboysstore.com/shop-by-players-demarcus-lawrence-jersey-c-2_12.html with the festivities this year.”
Allen, a former NFL running back, was the only player in the history of football to win a Heisman Trophy, an NCAA national championship, a Super Bowl, an NFL MVP award and a Super Bowl MVP honor. He also was inducted into the College Football Hall of Fame and the Pro Football Hall of Fame.
Among many honors, the awards ceremony will feature the state’s boys and girls athletes of the year and the coach of the year.
Also, the Courage Award has been renamed in honor of Richard Nelson, the first recipient of the award and a Chaparral High football standouthttp://www.authenticnflraidersshop.com/shop-by-players-rodney-hudson-jersey-c-2_9.html who died in a shooting in January.
The event is closed to the public, open only to student-athletes and their families.
Torna in cima
What would Andrew Ti View Drop Down
  Quota What would Andrew Ti Quota  RispondiRispondi Link diretto a questo post Postato: 23 Mar 2017 alle 8:36am
After a few years in the NFL bouncing Deforest Buckner Womens Jersey from team to team, Andrew Tiller finally found a home in San Francisco for the last two years with the 49ers. Tiller started 14 games along the offensive line as a guard, and now at 28-years-old, he brings some versatility and experience to a new team looking to bolster its offensive front.
The Kansas City Chiefs hosted Tiller for a free agent visit on Monday, the third such visit after previously hosting linebacker Gerald Hodges and defensive tackle Bennie Logan. Hodges is still a free agent, but John Dorsey struck a one-year deal with Logan to help replace the departed Dontari Poe on the defensive line. With Tiller, it’s a bit harder to tell what K.C.’s general manager is thinking.
To get a better sense of what Tiller would bring to the table, we asked Peter Panacy, site expert from Niners Noise, a few questions and he graciously agreed to answer them.
Andrew Tiller finally seemed to find a homeMarcus Easley Youth Jersey in San Francisco after bouncing around the league. What allowed him to find a home with the Niners?
Andrew Tiller managed to be in the right situation at the right time. The 49ers were dealing with two notable offensive line departures in 2015 — Mike Iupati and Anthony Davis. Towards the end of the season, when it became apparent right guard Jordan Devey wasn’t going to work out, fans got to see a little of what he was capable of doing. He looked like a solid backup and even a potential starting guard in a power scheme.
Tiller started several games in the last two seasons for the Niners. Was he a solid starter or was it detrimental to the line?
Late in 2016, I was one of a number of people wondering why Tiller wasn’t getting the start over veteran left guard Zane Beadles. Part of it probably was the zone-scheme fit, which former head coach Chip Kelly implemented a year ago. Pro Football Focus certainly graded Tiller higher than Beadles. Of course some of this could be the stigma of being an undrafted free agent, but it’s hard to see that being a reality for a struggling team.
Nevertheless, I think most Niner fans were impressed by Tiller’s play, even if it was limited.
Why were the Niners ready to move on?
It’s more of a fit thing at this point than anything else. Tiller is http://www.authenticbroncosshop.com/shop-by-players-gary-zimmerman-jersey-c-1_18.html probably best suited for a power scheme, not the zone-blocking approach. And head coach Kyle Shanahan will be implementing an outside-zone approach this offseason. I’m not sure Tiller fits into that. And, by looking at the guys’ strengths ahead of Tiller on the depth chart, perhaps both Shanahan and general manager John Lynch just didn’t see the fit.
I don’t think letting Tiller walk was a matter of trimming the fat, which has happened elsewhere among the roster. I just think it was never going to be the right fit, scheme-wise.
What does Tiller have to offer a team like the Chiefs?
Tiller is, at best, a stopgap starter in a team needing an inside presence, preferably at the right guard position. He’s OK at left guard, but he’s not quite as adept at run blocking on the left side of the line, which could hinder teams running to that side. I’m not sure if Tiller winds up being an everyday starter for the next two or http://www.authenticsaintsshop.com/shop-by-players-khairi-fortt-jersey-c-1_26.html three years, but he’s certainly capable of holding his own.
Teams looking for a solid, power-scheme guard could make some use of Tiller, especially in an immediate swing-guard role.
Torna in cima
Sando: Chargers shou View Drop Down
  Quota Sando: Chargers shou Quota  RispondiRispondi Link diretto a questo post Postato: 23 Mar 2017 alle 10:23am
In this ESPN Insider piece, NFL Insider Mike25 Patrick Robinson Womens Jersey Sando proposes eight potential trades as NFL teams head to the combine in Indianapolis this week.
One of them brings a potential starting left tackle to the Los Angeles Chargers, as Sando proposes they acquire OT Cyrus Kouandjio and a 2017 seventh-rounder from the Buffalo Bills for a 2017 fourth-rounder.
The Chargers of course need help up front, and Kouandjio was decent in five starts at left tackle last season for Buffalo with Cordy Glenn out. Chargers head coach Anthony Lynn and offensive line coach Pat Meyer also are familiar with Kouandjio from their time in Buffalo.
Kouandjio did have hip surgery this offseason in January after falling at his home, putting in question his availability for offseason work.
Last year’s starting left tackle for the Chargers, King Jahleel Addae Youth Jersey Dunlap, turns 32 years old in September, carries a $5.75 million base salary in 2017 and has had trouble staying on the field the last two seasons. Dunlap also was arrested in Nashville 10 days ago on suspicion for violating a protection order.
My take: It’s a low-risk move to add talent up front, particularly with very few offensive line prospects in this year’s draft projected to come into the NFL right away and play left tackle. At 23 years old, Kouandjio also is a young, developing prospect who’s still growing as a player.
Dan Woike of the Los Angeles Times writes that the Chargers have to go beyond adding young players from this year’s draft to solve issues such as injury prevention, holding onto fourth-quarter leads and just plain bad luck.
My take: He’s right. Lynn has to affect a change of culture to fix some of the things that have been plaguing this franchise for the lasthttp://www.authenticcowboyssale.com/shop-by-players-chuck-howley-jersey-c-2_15.html two years. But adding more talent will assist in that effort.
Matt Hoffman of NBC San Diego writes that legendary Chargers running back LaDainian Tomlinson was an honorary starter for the Daytona 500 over the weekend.
My take: That’s a cool honor bestowed on LT, who will be inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame this summer.
Mark Whicker of the Orange County Register talks with Chargers general manager Tom Telesco, who had this to say about the Chargers moving forward: “It’s tough to know where we are. I don’t know. We have a good core. But we turned it over way too much. We did get more turnovers defensively, but we have http://www.authenticcowboysstore.com/shop-by-players-james-hanna-jersey-c-2_39.html to rush the passer better. Go through all the tough losses. There’s a different reason for each one.”
My take: With a league-high 35 turnovers last season, ball security will be a point of emphasis this offseason.
Torna in cima
LSU's Jamal Adams 'h View Drop Down
  Quota LSU's Jamal Adams 'h Quota  RispondiRispondi Link diretto a questo post Postato: 24 Mar 2017 alle 2:59am
INDIANAPOLIS - The highlight ofSean Smith Authentic Jersey his NFL Scouting Combine week was meeting Brian Dawkins, LSU safety Jamal Adams said Sunday.
Dawkins has the title "football operations executive" with the Eagles, and he is part of the team's combine scouting group, as he was at the Senior Bowl.
Adams, considered likely to be taken in thehttp://www.authentic49ersshop.com/shop-by-players-eli-harold-jersey-c-1_19.html top 10 or so in the draft's first round, was answering a question about getting help from former teammates, and after mentioning Eagles corner and former Tiger Jalen Mills, he said all such NFL advice is useful.
"For instance, (Saturday) I talked to a legend, Brian Dawkins . . . I've admired everything about him, and that was the highlight of my week. Just knowing that hehttp://www.authenticbillsstore.com/shop-by-players-preston-brown-jersey-c-1_39.html already knew about me, saying how passionate I was and how I play the game the right way. That was huge, to hear that from a legend like him," Adams said.

Torna in cima
Even in Colts loss, View Drop Down
  Quota Even in Colts loss, Quota  RispondiRispondi Link diretto a questo post Postato: 24 Mar 2017 alle 4:22am
INDIANAPOLIS – He entered ThursdayJared Crick Womens Jersey night as a question mark, a source of incredible uncertainty, the reason 100 percent of the pundits were picking the Indianapolis Colts to lose their first Thanksgiving home game in franchise history.
And by the time he left the locker room early Friday morning, this is what they were saying about Scott Tolzien:
“Played his (expletive) off,” said coach Chuck Pagano.
“Lights out,” added running back Robert Turbin.
“He did everything he possibly could,” offered tight end Erik Swoope. “On a short week, finding out on short notice. He’s a tough man and I respect everything he gave to this football team.”
• BOX SCORE: Steelers 28, Colts 7
For anyone who watched the Colts 28-7 loss to the Pittsburgh Steelers Thursday night at Lucas Oil Stadium, the Scott Tolzien you knew at the beginning of the game wasn’t the Scott Tolzien you knew at the end of it. He has some mettle. He proved it. You saw it.
“He put us in situations to win the game,” said receiver T.Y. Hilton, who started the drops parade in the second quarter, bumbling a sure-bet touchdown.
Until Monday morning, Tolzien lived in utter Mark Ingram Womens Jersey obscurity – as most backup quarterbacks do. That’s when Tolzien woke up to a pair of missed calls. One was from Pagano. One was from Andrew Luck. He knew something was up.
Luck was in the concussion protocol. In other words: be ready.
Doyel: Colts lost, but they also found something
Four nights later he was starting his first NFL game three years to the day of his last, on national television, in primetime. No pressure.
It could’ve started better. Actually, it couldn’t have started much worse. On the first play from scrimmage, Tolzien fumbled the football (then, thankfully, he recovered). The Colts soon punted. Three plays in they’d lost 15 total yards.
“Had been a while since I played in a regular season game,” Tolzien said after the loss. “You’re gonna have to settle in.
So he did. He wasn’t Andrew Luck, and never was going to be, but Tolzien proved every bit a capable backup quarterback on a night the Colts’ shoddy defense and dropped passes buried them. The score won’t indicate, but he played well enough to win.
He moved the ball. He hit eight different receivers. Fired a touchdown. Stood tall in the pocked, absorbing hit after hit after hit, and bounced back up time and again. Proved something, if not to himself, to his teammates, to his coaches.
“One tough son of a gun,” Pagano called him. “Hung in there, hung in there, and hung in there and made some tough throws, and took some shots along the way.”
In other words, he learned what it’s like to be Andrew Luck every single Sunday.
In the third career start for the former Wisconsin Badger, Tolzien led the offense on three drives of 10 plays or more, and four that reached Pittsburgh territory. None produced points. The problem was finishing. The Colts http://www.coltsshopauthentic.com/shop-by-players-4-adam-vinatieri-jersey-c-1_21.html failed to convert a pair of fourth-and-goal situations from the 1 that could’ve turned the tenor of the game.
Both drives included scrambles from Tolzien that ended a yard short. He was kicking himself after the game.
“That’s frustrating, I’ll be honest,” he said. “I did trip (on the second drive). It’s a one-on-one situation, and when the goal line is right in front of you, you gotta find a way to put it in. Frustrating as heck.”
Reaction: Roethlisberger, Brown beat Colts again
Even then, the quarterback wasn’t the problem. The drops – yeah, we’re talking to you, T.Y. Hilton, Donte Moncrief and Phillip Dorsett – were.
The most damaging: A 19-play drive that lasted 11:22, eating up most of the third quarter, and ended with a Tolzien-to-Dorsett pass that was dropped in the end zone. A touchdown there would’ve cut the Steelers’ to seven with a full quarter to go, and given Indianapolis life, or hope, or something in the middle.
Instead, the Colts left empty-handed.
It was the story of their night.
Don’t question Tolzien’s guts, either. The second play of the fourth quarter embodied it. Tolzien escaped from the pocket on a third-and-goal from the Steelers’ 2-yard-line. He was stuffed by safety Mike Mitchell. Tolzien's helmet flew off but the football didn’t. He popped right back up, ready for another fourth-and-goal.
Tolzien finished 22-for-36 for 205 yards, one touchdown and two late, inconsequential interceptions. He was sacked three times and hurried relentlessly.
What the Colts need, more than anything, is No. 12 back under center. Andrew Luck has 10 days to pass the concussion protocol before the Colts face the Jets on Monday night football on Dec. 5. It’ll be the first of a five-game stretchhttp://www.officialchargesshop.com/shop-by-players-josh-lambo-jersey-c-1_30.html in December that will decide the fate of their season. Currently, at 5-6, they trail the Houston Texans (6-4) by two games in the AFC South.
But for one night, even in a losing effort, the backup proved capable. Like Matt Hasselbeck last season, if The Franchise goes down, the Colts know they don’t have to panic. Moving forward, if nothing else, having Tolzien available will help them sleep better.
That being said, Luck’s return can’t come soon enough. The final stretch awaits.
“We all hope Andrew’s back,” Tolzien said. “He’s the leader of our team, and with good reason.”
Call Star reporter Zak Keefer at (317) 444-6134 and follow him on Twitter: @zkeefer.
Insider: Colts don't do enough in support of Tolzien
Torna in cima
49ERS FINALLY IDENTI View Drop Down
  Quota 49ERS FINALLY IDENTI Quota  RispondiRispondi Link diretto a questo post Postato: 25 Mar 2017 alle 3:47am
It took nearly three seasons, but the 49ers believe they found the solution for Cornellius "Tank" Carradine to become a productive NFL player.
Specifically, the defensive lineman was Jerry Rice Womens Jersey never a good fit for the 49ers’ base 3-4 defense. But the 49ers think this season their second-round draft pick of 2013 will be more productive as a situational player when the 49ers employ a four-man line.
“We identified it last year,” 49ers general manager Trent Baalke said last week at the NFL owners meetings in Boca Raton, Florida. “Schematically, he came from a system (at Florida State) that was very attack-oriented into a system that has a lot more reads to it – a lot more technique involved.
“We play more of a read-and-react front in our base package. And in nickel you get into attacking a little bit more. In an effort to make him a read-and-react player, (he) added a bunch of weight, probably got him into a situation that didn’t take advantage of what he did well.”
Carradine has said he is most comfortable when he weighs approximately 265 pounds. While he was rehabbing from a torn ACL and getting ready to enter the draft, Carradine’s weight dropped to a low of 251 before rising to 276 for the NFL Scouting Combine.
In order to fit as a 3-4 lineman, Carradine put on weight. The 49ers listed him last year at 295 pounds -- a size that is more conducive to Max Unger Kids Jersey playing on a three-man defensive line.
But, finally, last season the 49ers decided he should drop weight and become more of a pass-rush specialist when the 49ers go to their nickel package, which features four down linemen. The idea was never to move Carradine to outside linebacker. But 49ers outside linebackers shift to defensive ends in the nickel package.
“Toward the middle of last year, we switched that put him more in the nickel type role and you saw him start to progress as the season went on,” Baalke said. “So I think you can expect to see him lighter, playing more in the four-man fronts than the three-man fronts and being a strong contributor in that role.”
Carradine has the flexibility to rush the passer from the outside or inside spots along the 49ers’ four-game line in nickel situations, Baalke said.
Carradine did not see any action as a rookie in 2013. The 49ers briefly brought him up to the 53-man roster. He spent six weeks on thehttp://www.authenticsteelerssale.com/shop-by-players-joe-gilliam-jersey-c-2_71.html active roster before the 49ers opted to place him on injured reserve in order to focus on rehabbing the knee.
The past two seasons, Carradine appeared in 23 games and recorded four sacks.
The 49ers did not add a pass rusher in the first three weeks of free agency, but figure to eye players in the draft who can apply heat on opposing quarterbacks. The team hopes finding a better fit for Carradine, who recorded 16.5 http://www.authenticsteelersshop.com/shop-by-players-landry-jones-jersey-c-2_37.html sacks in 24 games at Florida State.
“He’s proven to be more effective in an attack-and-react system, more than a read-and-react system,” Baalke said.
Torna in cima
 Rispondi Rispondi Pagina  <1234 130>

Vai al Forum Permessi Forum View Drop Down

Bulletin Board Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 9.50 [Free Express Edition]
Copyright ©2001-2008 Web Wiz

Questa pagina e' stata generata in 0,254 secondi.